It can be difficult to achieve a smoother, younger-looking complexion – especially when you’re struggling with damaged skin due to excessive sun exposure, harsh weather, or aging.
Fortunately, aesthetic treatments like microneedling with Morpheus8 are here to help. Let’s take a closer look at how it works.
What Is Microneedling (Morpheus8)?
Morpheus8 is an aesthetic treatment that combines microneedling and radiofrequency energy to promote new collagen and elastin production.
Also called collagen induction therapy, microneedling (Morpheus8) triggers the body’s natural healing response by creating controlled microinjuries. As a result, the body initiates a recovery cascade of collagen production in the treated areas.
Unlike other skin rejuvenation procedures, microneedling is minimally invasive, making it ideal for patients who want to achieve their skincare goals without the need for surgery.
What Are The Benefits of Morpheus8?
Microneedling (Morpheus8) helps
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles;
- Treat hyperpigmentation, acne and acne scarring
- Fade stretch marks in some cases
- Improve skin laxity
- Smooth skin texture
- Reduce the appearance of large pores.
In addition, Morpheus8 is effective in treating mild jowls, firming the jawline, and even smoothening the under-eye area and around the mouth.
How Does Microneedling (Morpheus8) Work?
Morpheus8 treatment involves using a device capable of penetrating deeper into the subdermal tissue.
Here is a general step-by-step breakdown of the treatment process:
- Your provider will clean and prepare the treatment area.
- A topical numbing cream will be applied for 45-60 minutes.
- Your provider will then customize the depth of the radiofrequency heat delivered by its microneedles depending on your desired results.
- Once the settings are adjusted, there will be a test spot to make sure you’re not allergic or have adverse reactions.
- Afterward, the Morpheus8 handpiece is gently placed on your skin. This allows the microneedles to penetrate below the surface, delivering the radiofrequency energy.
Microneedling (Morpheus8) Aftercare
It’s normal to experience some redness after the treatment. This is expected and will subside on its own within 24 to 48 hours.
Avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours to keep the treated areas clean and prevent any irritation or breakouts.
Although you will notice results after the procedure, collagen will continue to remodel for 3 months post treatment, this means final results will be seen at the 3 month mark. The best results are achieved once you complete a series of three treatments.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for Morpheus8?
As a minimally invasive treatment, microneedling (Morpheus8) can benefit people of all skin types and tones.
However, the best candidates for the treatment are usually patients
- Between the ages of 30 and 55;
- In good general health; and
- Have mild to moderate skin laxity.
In addition, people experiencing sun-damaged skin and dark spots can also benefit from the treatment. With the help of Morpheus8, they can have clearer, brighter, and more evenly toned skin.
Experience the benefits of microneedling (Morpheus8) first-hand. Visit our clinic in Oklahoma City, OK, or call us today so we can get started.