Acne can take a toll not just on your appearance. It can also affect your mental health, confidence, and self-esteem – regardless of gender.
While it is a very common skin condition, it’s best to treat and prevent acne breakouts before they lead to severe inflammation, acne scars, and poor self-image.
If you find yourself struggling with adult acne, Clarebella Aesthetics knows exactly how to help you.
What Causes Acne?
There are many reasons why you get acne.
Usually, it starts when the hair follicles or the pores of your skin are clogged. Hair follicles are the tiny tubes that hold hair strands. When there is too much dirt or oil that empty into these follicles, a clog occurs.
The most common causes are the following:
- Sebum – An oily substance that acts as a protective barrier for your skin
- Bacteria – Too much bacteria on the skin can be harmful
- Dead skin cells – The skin releases dead skin cells, and some of them can get stuck in your hair follicles
When these substances plug up your hair follicles, they trigger an inflammation resulting in pimples, whiteheads and blackheads, papules, nodules, or cysts. You can also notice skin discoloration around the acne, which can make your face look flushed.
What Can Trigger Acne?
Treating acne can be tricky especially if you don’t know what can trigger an acne breakout.
Wearing tight-fitting clothing and headgear, air pollution, and oily or greasy personal care products are just some of the contributing factors to a breakout episode.
Moreover, stress, food, hormones, and medication can also trigger the appearance of pimples and skin discoloration due to inflammation.
Since many men are more prone to air pollution or excessive sweating, breakouts can become uncontrollable.
To address these issues, it’s ideal to consult skin experts and licensed professionals who can help you find and understand the best acne treatment for you.
Acne Treatment at Clarebella Aesthetics
There are many available acne treatments for men that can help you get rid of acne and acne scars. If you’re in Oklahoma City, OK, you can try the following procedures:
Acne can be treated using laser technology. Here at Clarebella Aesthetics, you can try these laser treatments:
- Fraxel Dual – This is an FDA-approved laser skin resurfacing device that can diminish acne scars and post-acne hyperpigmentation or discoloration.
- Morpheus 8 – This uses a cutting-edge technology which combines microneedling and radio frequency which helps eliminate the appearance of acne and acne scars.
On top of the laser treatments, you can also try chemical peels and customized facial treatments that are formulated to help clear up acne and lessen the appearance of scars.
- Customized Chemical Peel – a tailored blend of chemical solutions is applied to the skin to exfoliate and improve its texture, tone, and appearance based on individual needs and concerns.
- ZO Skin Health Acne Prevention and Treatment Program – A complete line of highly effective products that are specifically formulated to treat and prevent clogged pores, pimples, and cystic acne.
- Custom Facial with Extractions – This treatment includes steam, massage, exfoliation, in-depth extractions for patients with acne-prone skin, and a mask.
Don’t just wash your face and wish for your acne to go away. Visit Clarebella Aesthetics and find out how you can get rid of your acne in the safest and most effective ways.
Call us today or book an appointment today!